Carlos Lopez joined the Queenan Law Firm, P.C. as an Associate in 2012. Prior to becoming an Attorney, Mr. Lopez worked with QueenanLaw as a law clerk since 2010. Mr. Lopez received his J.D. cum laude from the Texas Wesleyan University School of Law in 2012 and his B.A. in Government from The University of Texas at Austin in 2008.
In addition to repeatedly being on the Dean’s List at the Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Mr. Lopez was the recipient of the Texas Wesleyan President’s Full Scholarship. While pursuing his Juris Doctorate, Mr. Lopez served as an Associate Editor of the Texas Wesleyan Law Review, earned awards for Outstanding Law Review Senior Staffer and Law Review Senior Staffer of the Year, served as a Teaching Assistant in the Legal Analysis, Research & Writing program for first-year law students, and served as Brief Writer for the Texas Wesleyan Moot Court Competition Team.
Mr. Lopez is fluent in Spanish and has assisted in translating legal documents, evidence, and conversations with clients.
Mr. Lopez has a strong record of being active in his community in roles such as: President, Secretary and Volunteer Coordinator for Delta Alpha Omega Multicultural Fraternity, Inc.; Team Leader and Volunteer for Keep Austin Beautiful; and Volunteer for the Heart House Organization.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Workplace Liability
- State of Texas, November 2012
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, J.D. cum laude 2012
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A. Government 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, anticipated November 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, February 2013
Past Employment Positions
- QueenanLaw, Law Clerk
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Fort Worth, Immigration Services, Legal Intern
- KPMG, LLP, Human Resources