Qualified. M. Kevin Queenan, the founding attorney at Queenan Law Firm, P.C., has substantial experience and a proven track record in several areas of practice including personal injury, business litigation, family law, products liability, collections, maritime and probate law. Mr. Queenan graduated from Louisiana State University in 1990 and has a B.S. from McNeese State University. He started his own firm in 1995. Mr. Queenan is also a certified public accountant.
Throughout his career, Mr. Queenan has demonstrated an extraordinary ability to obtain successful results in personal injury, business litigation and family law. His experience includes the following:
- After insurance companies denied a personal injury claim related to a drunk 18-wheeler driver, Mr. Queenan sued the insurance companies for breach of contract and bad faith insurance practices. Mr. Queenan received a settlement of $6,900,000 ($2,840,000 attorney’s fees and $167,600 expenses)
- In his representation of a court-appointed receiver, Mr. Queenan tried a Federal jury trial against an insurance company over a coverage question. The Receiver prevailed, resulting in a Final Judgment in the amount of $8,955,623.78 against the insurance company.
- In his representation of an employee who sustained a shoulder injury resulting from a derrick operator’s failure to operate the equipment properly, Mr. Queenan received a settlement of $200,000 ($80,000 attorney’s fees and $7,840 expenses)
- Mr. Queenan represented the family of a man who suffered injuries after being hit by a commercial truck and settled with the company for $500,000 ($166,667 attorney’s fees and $30,168 expenses)?
- After a fatal automobile accident, Mr. Queenan represented the family of the victim to secure a settlement against various insurance companies and the driver, and was awarded a settlement for $738,000 ($235,750 attorney’s fees and $127,233 expenses)
- While serving as the senior editor of the Louisiana Law Review, Mr. Queenan published a Civil Code Article 2324-A Broken Path to Limited Solidary Liability, Louisiana Law Review 49, 1989
Highly Regarded. Mr. Queenan is qualified to practice law in both Texas and Louisiana. He is a member of several Bar Associations and Professional Organizations; including:
- State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- State Board of Certified Public Accountants of Louisiana
Mr. Queenan has attained the highest possible rating of “AV” from Martindale Hubbell, the national directory of attorneys, indicating preeminent legal ability and the highest standard of ethics. In addition to being a member of several bar associations, he is also an alumnus of Phi Delta Phi, the international legal fraternity.