The Queenan Law Firm
Experienced. Respected. Successful.
Results that matter, because our clients matter.
Arlington Car Accident Attorney
If you have been in a car accident in Arlington you know that it can be difficult to cope with your injuries even under the best of circumstances. Things can be even more difficult if you have been injured because of another driver’s negligent or careless actions behind the wheel. But if you have been injured do you know where to turn? Auto accidents leave people feeling angry, anxious, and hopeless and even intimidated if they do not know how they are going to pay for their medical bills.
Queenan Law helps automotive accident victims in Arlington, Fort Worth, Dallas, Houston and the surrounding area of North Texas use the law to seek justice for their injuries in the form of settlement compensation. Supported by over 20 years of experience handling complex multi-vehicle accident claims, we are prepared to directly and aggressively tackle all of the challenges your case presents. Call our law offices at (817) 476-1797 right away to start discussing your legal options in a free and confidential legal consultation.
What Causes Accidents in Arlington?
The Texas Department of Transportation compiles reports and statistics on all accidents occurring throughout the state. In 2015, the Texas Department of Transportation noted that there were 13,616 serious injury crashes with 17,011 people sustaining a serious injury. While auto manufacturers continue to create safer cars with technology that is designed to protect us, they have not been able to come up with technology that can absolutely protect drivers when they are on the road. Some of the most common reasons for car accidents in Arlington and throughout Texas include:
- Domestic and Wild animals on the road
- Using a Cellular mobile device and Texting
- Unsafe Lane changes
- Having Defective headlamps, taillights, and turn signals Defective
In addition to these leading causes of accidents, there are also some other very dangerous activities that lead to accidents in Arlington. Driving under the influence lead to over 9,000 crashes in 2015 and is one of the leading causes of death and fatalities in a motor vehicle accident. Another interesting statistic is that drivers who were following others too closely caused over twenty-two thousand accidents last year.
Recently, an 18-wheeler shut down the southbound lanes of Interstate 35W for several hours when it was involved in an accident with three other vehicles. This accident sent four people to the hospital, one of whom was seriously injured and another who had to be forcibly withdrawn from the vehicle because they were pinned.
The Most Common Injuries from a Car Accident
Car accidents involve a lot of force, a lot of speed, twisted metal, and inevitably injuries. While many people are lucky and walk away from their car accident with little to no harm done to their bodies, others are not so lucky. If you are injured in a car accident you may find that you are no longer able to work, or you are not able to enjoy and do the same things that you used to. Injuries from car accidents can be very severe and often include the following:
- Broken bones – Broken and fractured bones are by far the most common injury when there is an automobile accident. An adult has over 200 bones in their body all of which have the potential of breaking or fracturing. Most breaks and fractures are caused by a sudden high force impact such as those experienced in a truck accident. Fortunately, many breaks and fractures are minor other types of bone fractures can cause severe internal and external damage, require lengthy medical care and surgery, and may require the future use of assistive devices.
- Spinal cord and back injuries – Injuries to the spine and the back are no laughing matter and can leave some of the most devastating, painful, and long lasting injuries. While the spine and the 33 bones that make it up the central structure of our anatomy these bones house delicate nerves that are surrounded by tendons and powerful muscles. Even a minor pinch or tweak of these nerves can leave a person in debilitating pain or even leave them paralyzed.
- Brain injuries – The brain is a curious thing, it itself does not feel pain, but if there is any injury to this delicate structure then you are likely going to experience severe and ling lasting effects. The brain is responsible for almost all of our bodily functions and directs our thinking. While the brain can heal to a degree even a minor bump on the head can cause you to visit the doctors.
- Internal bleeding – Internal bleeding is a major medical emergency that is often overlooked immediately after an accident. That is because right after an accident most people look at someone’s exterior body to see if they are injured. They do not realize that when you are bleeding on the inside that you may sustain severe injuries or even die.
- Burns – Car accidents usually involve multiple vehicles, broken glass, and gas. Burns are a very common injury after an accident but are ones that can lead to impairment, lengthy and costly hospital stays and surgery.
It is always a good idea, if not mandatory, that you receive prompt medical attention from a trained professional if you have been involved in an accident. This is because while you may think that your injuries are minor, they may be even more severe than you thought and can lead to drastic and permanent lifestyle changes if not properly and promptly addressed.
These injuries often require extensive medical procedures and prolonged hospital stays, all of which can be quite expensive. One way to help reduce injury in the event of a car accident is to utilize your car safety features.
Contact An Arlington, Texas Car Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation
To get a free and completely confidential assessment of your case, call Queenan Law at (817) 476-1797 right away. We will provide you with a clear, honest, and nuanced overview of you and your family’s potential legal options.