The Queenan Law Firm
Experienced. Respected. Successful.
Results that matter, because our clients matter.
Dallas Car Accident Attorney
Cars, trucks, SUV’s, and motorcycles are all a major part of our lives, but did you know that automobile accidents are the leading cause of personal injury and death in the United States. Unfortunately, Dallas is not immune from these statistics either in 2014 there were almost 150 fatal accidents that resulted in some 154 lives lost.
What Causes Accidents in Dallas?
According to the Texas Motor Vehicle Crash Statistics, in 2015 there were 1.43 deaths per hundred million vehicle miles traveled, which was a decrease of 2.05% decrease from 2013. While the death rate has thankfully gone down for a number of reasons for car accidents. Some of the most common reasons for a car accident in Dallas include:
- Domestic animals on the road
- Wild Animals on the road
- Cell mobile device use
- Unsafe lane changes
- Defective or no headlamps
- Defective or no stop lamps
When you are driving on the road you should devote all your attention to driving, you owe it to yourself and to other drivers on the road. In addition to the above factors, which contribute to accidents, there are some other notable factors that lead to accidents throughout Dallas and Texas. One of the most well-documented reasons for accidents is when the driver was not paying attention. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were over 75,000 accidents last year alone that could be attributed to the driver not paying attention. This is an astounding statistic and one that should resonate with drivers in Dallas.
Top Five Car Accident Injuries
Many people are curious to know what are the most common injuries when there has been a car accident. To begin, no accident is the same. The people who are involved are different, the cars are different, the speed, conditions, and locations are different. These are all factors that can come into play when there is an accident, therefore, it is hard to give a uniform answer about what injury you will experience if any if you are in a car accident. However, in our experience the following are some of the more common injuries:
Injuries from car accidents can be very severe and often include the following:
- Broken bones – Broken and fractures are a common injury that results from a sudden a traumatic force such as those involved in a car accident. When you are in an accident there are thousands of pounds of force that your car, seat belt and consequently you absorb. As a result, any one of the over 200 bones in the body can break which may require you to go see a doctor, have surgery, or even undergo physical therapy.
- Spinal cord injuries - The spine is composed of 33 individual bones that are stacked on top of one another. This bone structure provides the main support for the human body and allows a person to stand up, bend over, and twist. In addition to all of the bones, there are strong muscles, flexible tendons, ligaments, and sensitive nerves that all make up the spine. Whenever there is a jarring force to the spine there is the potential that any one of these bones, ligaments, tendons, or muscles will be injured which often leads to severe pain.
- Brain injuries – brain injuries or traumatic brain injuries have recently come to the forefront of the news. As the medical community better understands different parts of the brain and how they respond to injury science and medicine are better able to protect this essential organ. Any injury or damage to this structure can lead to severe impairment or even death.
- Internal bleeding – internal bleeding is one of the most dangerous injuries you can sustain. This is because it is usually impossible to tell from just looking if a person has sustained internal bleeding. If you are bleeding internally you may experience organ failure or death.
- Burns – No one wants to be burned, and those of us who have had even a minor burn know that these injuries can be very painful. When there is a car accident of any sort there is always the potential that a person can be burned by fire or searing hot metal. Burn injuries can vary in degree and severity.
Any injury from a car accident should be reported to police, and evaluated by a medical professional. Often injuries from car accidents are minor, however, other injuries require extensive medical procedures and prolonged hospital stays, all of which can be absurdly expensive. One way to help reduce injury in the event of a car accident is to utilize your car safety features.
Contact a Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation
To get a free and completely confidential assessment of your case, call Queenan Law at (817) 476-1797 right away. We will provide you with a clear, honest, and nuanced overview of you and your family’s potential legal options.