Parking garages are sought after by many people every day, especially those who work in transit-heavy locations with scarce on-street parking. These facilities are always full of cars from top to bottom. In a place where so many people park their cars, it does not take much for an accident to occur. After all, parking garages usually have confined spaces that leave little room for maneuverability. A distracted driver or a speeding car can cause serious or fatal injuries in parking garages.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a parking garage accident, talk to a Dallas parking garage injury attorney from The Queenan Law Firm who can help you get compensation. For a free consultation on your parking garage injury case, call our law offices today at (817) 476-1797.
What Causes a Parking Garage Injury Accident?
While most people may associate a parking garage accident with a car accident, the truth of the matter is that this type of accident can be caused by many other conditions and situations. Examples of these are:
• Poor or no lighting,
• Cracked floors or unkept stairwells,
• Lack of clear driving signs,
• Lack of safety measures,
• Slippery or icy floors or road surfaces, and
These conditions and many others can cause a person to lose control of their vehicle and cause an accident. A combination of any of these conditions can create a dangerous risk of slipping and falling, which can lead to injuries. Whether your parking garage injury was caused by poor parking garage conditions or by a negligent driver, you need to make sure you hold the appropriate parties responsible for your injuries with the help of an experienced and knowledgeable Dallas parking garage accident injury lawyer.
What Should I Do After a Parking Garage Accident?
After a person faces an accident in a parking garage, there are certain things to do to make sure you are safe and can gather evidence for your case. Some of the most critical steps you need to are:
1. Get to Safety: If you have the opportunity to place yourself in a safe spot after an accident, it is important that you do so. This will help prevent further harm in case of an additional crash or any other unforeseen complications resulting from the accident.
2. Call Emergency Services: If you sustained a serious injury, make sure you call 911 to get emergency treatment. Nothing is more important than safety and tending to your injuries.
3. Call the Police: When an accident occurs, a police report is essential in proving not only who was the party at fault, but to make a successful insurance claim. Especially for car crashes, this may be legally required. This report should contain vital information such as the circumstances surrounding your accident, the parties involved, contact information and other data that will prove to be essential to your claim.
4. Collect information: It is always wise to be proactive in a situation such as a car accident. Make sure you get the contact information yourself, rather than relying on police reports. Make sure to get insurance information, car information, and contact information from the other parties involved. It is also a good idea to get pictures of the accident and scene.
Once you have this information and are
Who is Responsible for a Parking Garage Accident?
As mentioned, parking garages are confined spaces that leave little to no room for any driver to maneuver. To determine responsibility, an analysis of the situation is required. No two accidents are the same, so the totality of the circumstances will determine who is responsible for the accident. For instance, let’s suppose you were driving through a parking lot and you were hit by a car backing out of a space. In this situation, they should be found at fault for the accident because you have the right to pass the person who is pulling out of the parking spot. However, if it was impossible to see around the corner, the backing-up vehicle may not carry as much blame.
Depending on the particular situation of your case, liability for any injury or damage will depend on the circumstances surrounding your accident.
Parking Garage Injury Lawyer Serving Dallas Residents
At Law Offices of Queenan Law, we know what it takes to make sure those responsible for your accident are properly held liable. We have the experience and knowledge to make sure you receive the compensation you are entitled to as we vigorously fight to defend your rights.
When it comes to a parking garage accident, it takes a correct evaluation and assessment to get you the compensation you need. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a parking garage injury accident, you need to turn to a knowledgeable and experienced lawyer from The Law Offices of Queenan Law. To schedule a free and confidential legal consultation on your case call us today at (817) 476-1797.