Houston Truck Accident Lawyer
Houston is a hub for the U.S. energy industry, and many other important sectors of the economy. As a result, huge commercial trucks are constantly transporting cargo and materials in and out of Greater Houston, traveling mostly on highways like I-10 and I-45. If the driver of one of these large, powerful big rigs is fatigued, intoxicated, or simply careless, a devastating accident can occur in the blink of an eye. Sadly, because of the huge size of commercial trucks, accidents often produce serious injuries or fatalities.
If you or one of your family members was injured in a truck accident in Houston or the surrounding metro area, you could be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries, including your pain and suffering, your medical bills, the income you have lost, and other losses and expenses. The Houston truck crash lawyers of Queenan Law have over 20 years of experience handling lawsuits and insurance claims on behalf of the victims of careless truckers. To find out if you could have a claim in a free and confidential legal consultation, contact our semi-trailer accident attorneys at (817) 476-1797 today.
Were You Injured in an 18-Wheeler Crash on I-10, I-45, or I-610 in Houston, Texas?
Automotive accidents involving 18-wheelers and other commercial trucks frequently lead to catastrophic, disabling injuries for the occupants of passenger vehicles, which commercial trucks can outweigh by tens of thousands of pounds. If you or one of your loved ones got hurt in a truck accident in Houston, it may be possible for the personal injury attorneys of Queenan Law to recover compensation for the costs of your treatment, including procedures and devices you are expected to need in the future.
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries – The back contains two delicate structures: the spinal column, which provides support and stability, and the spinal cord, a bundle of nerves that carries messages between the body and brain. When these structures are damaged in a crash, the victim can experience chronic pain, loss of sensation, or paralysis.
- Bone Fractures – Broken bones are extremely common in vehicular accidents, particularly fractures in slender, delicate bones such as the clavicle (collarbone) or the tiny phalanges of the fingers and toes. Other common bone fractures in truck crashes include:
- Broken Nose
- Broken Arms and Legs
- Broken Wrists and Ankles
- Cervical Fractures (Broken Neck)
- Pelvic Fractures (Broken Hips)
- Vertebral Fractures (Broken Back)
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) – A traumatic brain injury is one of the most devastating and life-altering injuries a person can receive. Depending on the severity of the injury, and where it is located on the brain, TBI can strip the victim of their independence by causing effects that include:
- Chronic Pain
- Difficulty Balancing
- Difficulty Communicating
- Difficulty Concentrating
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Muscle Spasticity
- Muscle Weakness
- Reduced Mobility
- Reduced Sensation
- Respiratory Problems
- Whiplash Injuries – “Whiplash” is the colloquial term for a cervical sprain or cervical strain. “Cervical” refers to the neck, a sprain is a stretched or torn ligament, and a strain is a pulled or torn muscle. Whiplash most often occurs in rear-end collisions when the neck is rapidly slammed back and forth by impact, pushing the tissue beyond its normal limits. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, whiplash injuries “are the most frequently reported injuries in U.S. insurance claims.”
- Wrongful Death – A wrongful death is a death that should have been preventable, and which occurred due to the careless acts of another person. Some ways truckers can cause fatal 18-wheeler accidents in Texas by being careless or reckless include driving while fatigued after violating their shift limits, driving while intoxicated by alcohol, driving under the influence of stimulants and narcotics like methamphetamine or cocaine, failing to check side or rearview mirrors for other vehicles, and disobeying traffic laws.
Houston Truck Accident Attorneys Handling Injury Claims and Wrongful Death Lawsuits
For over two decades, the Texas commercial trucking accident lawyers of Queenan Law have dedicated their legal careers to the aggressive pursuit of justice on behalf of those who have been wrongfully injured or killed by the negligent actions of others. We are committed to providing vigorous, personalized representation, and will work tirelessly to maximize the value of your claim or case, even if that means going to court.
Queenan Law handles a wide array of truck crash injury cases in Greater Houston, including but not limited to:
- Drugged Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Houston Highway Wrecks
- Fort Bend Tollway (Fort Bend Parkway Toll Road)
- Hardy Toll Road
- I-10 (Baytown-East Freeway/Katy Freeway)
- I-45 (Gulf Freeway/North Freeway)
- I-69/US 59 (Eastex Freeway/Southwest Freeway)
- I-610 (610 Loop)
- Sam Houston Tollway (Beltway 8)
- US 90 (Crosby Freeway)
- US 290 (Northwest Freeway)
- Westpark Tollway
- Intersection Accidents
- Lane Change Accidents
- Off-Ramp Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Sideswipe Accidents
- T-Bone Accidents (Side-Impact Collisions)
- Vehicle Rollover Accidents
To set up a free legal consultation with our experienced Houston big rig accident lawyers, call Queenan Law as soon as possible at (817) 476-1797.