The Queenan Law Firm
Experienced. Respected. Successful.
Results that matter, because our clients matter.
Houston Semi Truck Wreck Claim Lawyer
Recently, a semi truck blocked traffic for several hours on U.S Highway 59 near Houston. While there was no one injured in this particular crash, this accident serves to highlight that accidents involving semi trucks not only happen, but are regular occurrences.
If you were hurt in a truck crash in Houston, Texas, or if you lost a loved one to a collision with a commercial truck, you and your family could be entitled to compensation for your pain, suffering, and financial losses. Supported by over 20 years of legal experience handling truck accident claims in Houston, Dallas, Arlington, and Fort Worth, the Texas truck injury attorneys of Queenan Law are here to help your family.
Types of Semi Truck Accidents
Semi tractor-trailers and other commercial vehicles are common on roads around Houston, and unfortunately so are accidents. Over the course of several decades representing those who have been the victims of truck accidents the semi truck accident attorneys at Queenan Law have gained an insight into the trucking industry and the type of accidents commonly seen.
• Jackknife – Jack Knife accidents are fairly common accidents with semi-trucks. This was the type of accident that was recently reported on U.S Highway 59. In a jackknife accident, the trailer behind the semi truck swings forward and comes to a ninety-degree angle with the cab. These accidents are common when the driver is going too fast for the conditions, or they make too sharp of a turn. Jackknife accidents often result in damage to cars because as the trailer swings towards the front of the cab, it sweeps cars, trucks, SUV’s and even other tractors along with it.
• Rear- end – rear end accidents are fairly common in the trucking industry, and often result in severe damage to the vehicle in front. Semi trucks require a considerably longer distance to stop as compared to a standard car or SUV. This can be a problem where traffic suddenly comes to a stop for construction, an accident, or even just a rapid increase in traffic. In addition, if the weather conditions are less than ideal, drivers may not have enough time to bring their vehicle to a complete stop.
• Side-swipe – Semi trucks have very large blind spots on either side of their truck as well as behind their vehicle and in front of it. These blind spots are so large that they can block out multiple cars, and even other semi trucks. When a car is in the blind spot of a semi and they change lanes it can cause the side of the trailer and or cab to hit the vehicle in their lane. These accidents are more common when the driver makes an abrupt lane shift.
• Head on – head on accidents tend to be some of the most destructive. Head on collisions tends to be more common on roads that do not have a divided highway which is separated by a concrete barrier or large median. These accidents are commonly attributed to the truck driver falling asleep behind the wheel and drifting into oncoming traffic.
What forms of Compensation can you Receive from a Semi-truck Wreck?
Accidents with semi trucks often result in substantial property damage, as well as severe and even fatal personal injuries. If you have been involved in an accident with a semi truck then you may be entitled to compensation from the truck driver or any other driver who was involved in the accident and whose actions may have lead to the accident and injuries.
• Past and future medical bills – Accidents with semi-trucks are more likely to result in severe injuries than are other accidents. Because a semi truck weighs so much and is so much larger than the standard car, even an accident at a low speed can result in severe injuries sending you and those in your car to the emergency room.
• Pain and suffering - Under Texas personal injury statutes, if you have been involved in an accident, you may be entitled to recover for your pain and suffering. These payments are meant to help the person recover as fully as possible.
• Lost wages – As noted, accidents involving semi trucks often require extensive medical treatment. Not only can you recover the money you lost while you were recovering from your injuries, but in the event that you cannot return to work, or return to the position you held before your accident, you may be entitled to compensation for lost past and future wages.
• Wrongful death – The trucking industry results in more than 500,000 trucking accidents each year in the United States and an estimated 5,000 deaths. In the event that a family member or other loved one passes away as a result of their accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your loss. Losing a loved one is never easy to recover from, and when this is compounded by losing a family member who contributed to the upkeep of the household and contributed to income it can be almost impossible to quantify the worth.
Contact a Houston Truck Accident Lawyer Today If You Were Injured
The Houston truck crash lawyers of Queenan Law have helped numerous accident victims and their loved ones get compensated for injuries and wrongful death. Our skilled, knowledgeable trucking injury attorneys have built reputations as tough negotiators and aggressive courtroom opponents. We do not back down easily and will work tirelessly in an effort to obtain the maximum compensation for you and your loved ones.
If you, your spouse, or one of your family members was hit by a truck driver in Texas, you deserve an aggressive investigation into the accident. You may be able to recover compensation for your losses.
To set up a free and confidential legal consultation, call the Queenan Law Firm, P.C. at (817) 719-8082 today. We handle Arlington truck accident claims involving head-on collisions, lane change accidents, side-impact collisions, rear-end collisions, highway accidents, rollover accidents, and other types of crashes.