The Queenan Law Firm
Experienced. Respected. Successful.
Results that matter, because our clients matter.
Dallas Product Liability Lawyer
From the alarms we shut off when we wake to the lights we turn out before bed, each of us uses hundreds or perhaps thousands of different products on a daily basis. While the vast majority are thoroughly researched and developed to ensure maximum consumer safety, unfortunately, it is not uncommon for manufacturers to rush poorly designed, inadequately tested, or incorrectly labeled products to the market, placing profits ahead of their own customers’ health and well being.
If you or one of your loved ones was injured by a defective or malfunctioning product in the North Texas area, you may be entitled to compensation, which can help to cover current and projected medical bills, lost earnings, and other expenses resulting from your accident. The knowledgeable attorneys of Queenan Law can help. With over 20 years of experience handling a variety of complex product liability claims, our legal team is fully prepared to aggressively challenge any manufacturer who prioritizes financial gain over the safety of hard-working Texans.
To set up a free and completely confidential legal consultation, call attorney Kevin Queenan at (817) 719-8082. He will provide you with a clear assessment of your case and help you understand your next steps as an injury victim. Queenan Law represents clients in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, and more.
Who is Responsible for Injuries Caused by Malfunctioning and Defective Products?
Product liability means that manufacturers can be held responsible when their careless actions, or failures to take necessary actions, result in preventable deaths or injuries. Stated another way, companies which design and build industrial or consumer goods have a legal duty to ensure that their products are reasonably safe for use as directed, or are otherwise marked with clear and prominent warnings.
Unfortunately, despite the high standard of care manufacturers owe to those who purchase their products, thousands of innocent victims suffer serious injuries every year because of goods which are defective or fraudulently marketed. Examples of hazards and injuries resulting from malfunctioning products include:
- Bone Fractures
- Burns (Heat, Electrical, Chemical, Friction)
- Chemical Exposure
- Facial Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Wrongful Death
Any product you can imagine has the potential to cause serious injuries if its design or assembly is flawed, ranging from the beverages in your refrigerator to complex industrial equipment used on construction sites. Even familiar products which seem gentle and harmless can lead to fatal injury or illness, such as talcum powder, which has been linked to ovarian cancer. Some examples of the many consumer goods which can cause personal injury, wrongful death, or serious medical complications include:
- Car Accessories
- Children’s Products
- Food and Beverage
- Electric Blankets
- Helmets/Hard Hats
- Hygiene Products
- Industrial Machinery
- Medical Implants
- Prescription Drugs
- Recalled Vehicles
Types of Product Liability Cases Our Attorneys Handle in Texas
Regardless of which type of product or injury is involved, product liability cases generally involve one of the following defects or inadequacies:
- Design and Manufacturing Defects – A flawed blueprint will doom the finished product to inevitable safety hazards, regardless of how much skill goes into its manufacture and assembly. Conversely, a product which is expertly designed with built-in redundancy can become highly dangerous if it is not manufactured and assembled to the designer’s exact specifications.
- Failures to Warn – When a product has the potential to be dangerous, it must be labeled with a clear and easy-to-find warning advising the consumer of the possible hazards and how to avoid them. Failure to label products as necessary, or labeling products in a manner that downplays or misrepresents their potential dangers, can result in otherwise avoidable catastrophic injuries.
- Inadequate Testing – Many types of products are required to undergo vigorous inspections and safety reviews, ranging from prescription medications to passenger vehicles. When products are rushed through testing, or the results of testing are suppressed or misrepresented, the consequence can be a dangerous product reaching the market. A recent example can be found in the now-discontinued anti-inflammatory drug Vioxx. Early testing revealed an increased risk of heart attacks and cardiovascular problems, but these findings were excluded from initial studies published in medical journals.
These types of issues are examples of “negligence,” a legal term which describes a failure to take appropriate safety precautions against foreseeable deaths and injuries. Securing compensation from negligent companies can be difficult, because very few are willing to admit fault for accidents involving their products. But at Queenan Law, we protect the victims of negligence by identifying those responsible for defective products and forcefully applying product liability law in pursuit of compensation for our clients. An attorney from Queenan Law can provide skilled representation backed not only by a tremendous amount of legal training and litigation experience, but also by the full resources of the firm.
Contact Our Lawyers for a Free Consultation
If you were injured in Texas because a manufacturer negligently put you in harm's way, you need an attorney who will protect your rights while fighting aggressively to obtain compensation for your losses and suffering. Call our law offices at (888) 522-6500 right away to schedule a free consultation and learn how we can help you achieve justice.